Thursday, September 22, 2011

Surprise in Ohio

This past weekend I drove up to Ohio to join in on a surprise baby shower/going away party for one of my best friends, Valerie. I saw her over Labor Day weekend and had to pretend I was so sad that I wouldn't see her again before she moved to New Mexico. Little did she know that I was driving up just 2 weeks later :) It was so great to be able to surprise her and have lots of people that love her under one roof... including her mom all the way from California! It was a wonderful weekend full of love :) It's been so nice to have Val within driving distance, even for the short time we've been here.


The cutest pregnant lady ever!

Boo Boo's


Gorgeous day in Corn Country ;)

Diana and Valerie

The AMAZING cake that was made for Val.


When I was living in Colorado and Jason was still at USAFA, I used to listen to this song called "Far From Here" which was the theme song for Army Wives when it first started. I used to think that being far from USAFA and all that it comes with would be great and we would be so happy, but I am finding it the exact opposite! I miss Colorado and all the wonderful friends I made there like crazy. While we were in the middle of it it seemed awful, but now looking back, they were some of the best years of my life. I made some amazing friends that I will keep with me for the rest of my life and it made mine and Jason's relationship very strong. Here are some of the lyrics to the song:

Far From Here by Alissa Moreno
Fight hard on a night like this
Look for a star and wish
You could get out of it

Bite down and then pray, pray, pray
You'll make it through this to sing and say
You hold life dear

Moments turn to hours which become years...
And now I'm

Far from here, and we are happy
Far from here, we are all right
Far from here, things are peaceful
Far from here, we have insight
Far from here, we've detangled
Our strangled hold
And I hope to see you there

Rise high out of this whole scene
Look down and separate yourself
From your worst dream

Then fly far and then stay, stay, stay
Out of the way until the coast
Is clear and safe
I finally got a set schedule at work! I now work 8-5 Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Which is nice to have a day off every other day, but it's also only 24 hours per week which I was promised at least 30 =/ Oh well.

Jason has had a ton of stories on the radio and local television here! I am so proud of him. He is doing really well in his Jounalism program. We found out he got an A and a B+ in his two summer courses! They were really tough, but he did outstanding!
I am going to start documenting the things I cook and bake on here. I will document my recipe, where I got it and what we thought of it. I will try to remember to put pictures up of the process. Tonight I am making Calzone's so check back for the recipe and hopefully good reviews by the hubs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment