Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Day of Thanksgiving!

On this Thanksgiving day, I have so much to be thankful for! This past year has been a whirlwind. I remember this New Years eve we spent in a hotel in Salt Lake City on the way home from California for Christmas. It was finally the year we had been waiting for for 5 long years!

So today I am thankful for many things, first and foremost I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am who I am because of his love for me and can't imagine one minute without him. A crazy thing happened to me earlier this year and it took me weeks to realize it was God blessing my life. As some of you know, I totaled my car in January and it seemed to go from bad to worse with the incident with the test drive of the Mazda where the accelerator stuck and I really thought we were going to die. In the end we ended up making money off my totaled car, and I was able to save enough to go home in March and not have to work until we got here to Indiana. It's so crazy to think that God would bless us in a car accident, but I wasn't injured and He was blessing us financially in the end.

I am thankful for the United States Air Force. Without them, we would never have had a chance to come to Bloomington, Indiana. We didn't know what we were going to find when we got here since we moved here without stepping foot in the state. But what we found here is an amazing church, High Rock, and some loving and wonderful friends. Also, Jason is getting a great education for his Masters in Journalism at Indiana University without having to work and balance a family, work and school all at once. He is able to focus solely on his studies (and me, of course). I have been blessed with a job that is very low stress and I am able to get time off pretty easily. So, Air Force, thank you. (I probably won't be saying it too much, so soak it in haha)

I am thankful for my family. The family I have had for 25 years and the family that I have made this past year. My parents have been my rock through a lot of hard times and they have always supported me in all my adventures. I am sure they never would have imagined their little girl moving 1,000 miles away at the young age of 20 and then another 1,000 miles away a few years later. But they never once discouraged it. I am also thankful for my new family, Chuck and Conni. They are such a loving and wonderful family and I can not imagine marrying into a better family. I look forward to many years of family gatherings and holidays with my new family. This year I also became an aunt! My gorgeous niece, Zoey Ann Whitbeck was born! My sister in law, Stephanie and brother, Craig, brought Zoey into the world and our lives on April 11, 2011. She is the most precious bundle of joy and I am so thankful to have all three of these crazy Whitbeck's in my life (even if we aren't able to see them too often).

Finally, I am thankful for my husband, Jason. We started talking 6 years ago today. He was at home in Washington with his family and I was home in California with mine. The past six years have been the best of my life. Even through the touch times at USAFA and the first year together apart. We made it through the unthinkable and are still going strong! On June 25th I married my best friend. It was the day I dreamed about my entire life and nothing could have made the day better. I love him will all my heart and I can not wait to spend the rest of my life with him. We have a lot of tough times ahead of us like deployments for him, raising kids, moving around the country (or even world!). But I know with him by my side and the Lord at the center of our relationship we can handle anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment