Thursday, November 3, 2011

Birthday and Canoes!

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I last blogged. A whole lot has happened since my last update. My birthday was October 23rd and Jason had told me that he was going to take me out somewhere but didn't tell me where. He told me to have my bag packed on Thursday night and he would tell me what I would need. Well I got off work on Wednesday, came home and started to get ready for small group. Jason walked in from the garage and told me that he had to work this weekend and we wouldn't be able to do anything but it was going to be ok because my mom came to Indiana!! Jason had planned the entire thing, got me off of work on Friday and had her fly out for a long weekend. I was SO surprised! I have a really bad habit of figuring out surprises, but I had no clue about this one. We had an amazing weekend together, just hanging out and showing her Bloomington. The only problem was that the time was too short =/ Here are some pictures from our weekend!

Right after she showed up. We celebrated by going to Steak N Shake.

Walking around the IU campus.


School of Journalism.

Oliver Winery.


My birthday dinner at Malibu Grill


Last weekend we had an amazing time canoeing in Brown County with Michael and Bekah! I was a little worried it was going to be a cold day, but it ended up being perfect! We packed a lunch and some wine and canoed down the creek until we found a good place to stop and relax. I had never done anything like that before and it was so much fun! I want to go again before we leave Indiana next summer.




Bekah and Micheal :)

I can't believe it is already November! We aren't going to travel anywhere this Holiday season. We are staying in Indiana for our first Christmas as husband and wife. It is also going to by my first Christmas away from home, but I know we will make it work. Being in the military, I know we will have more of these in the future. Especially with babies in the future ;)

The weekend of November 11th and 12th we are headed to a retreat with our church! I don't know what to expect, but I know it will be amazing. In the short amount of time we have lived here, I have seen God work in both me and Jason in extraordinary ways! I know He won't stop now and won't stop even as we have to move away from all the wonderful people we have met here.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment