Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Scratch that

Forget everything I posted about Georgia. There was a mix up with the date that the Air Force had as Jason's graduation and they had us down to move in late August. When he told our assignment officer that he was done on June 1st, everything changed. He told us last Wednesday that we would not be going to Georgia and would get back with us soon on where we are headed. We found out today that after 10 months away, we are headed back to Colorado Springs! We were so excited and in shock when we found out. I was sure they wouldn't send us back there, since we just came from Colorado. I'm not complaining though.

After the call, I immediately called my friend, Laura, who I worked with in Colorado to tell her the good news. Her husband is in the Army so she understands the craziness of changed orders and uncertainty. I am hoping and praying to get my old job back until we start having little baby Gabrick's :)

I think about how stressed and flat out scared I was this past week. I was thinking about how hard it would be to fly ourselves, the dogs and everything we own overseas in 10 weeks! I would pray that God's will would be done and tried my hardest to trust completely but it was so hard! Little did I know what God had in store for us. Not only are we going to be in Colorado for two years, but we were told that it is highly likely that we will be headed overseas after this assignment. Two years to plan to go overseas? I can do that :) Jason  really wanted to head overseas this assignment, but is overjoyed to be heading to Colorado. Right now he is even singing "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!" ;)

The Lord really has gone before and prepared a way for us. He will never abandon us...


No comments:

Post a Comment