Sunday, March 16, 2014

Three Month Update

When Christian was first born we were told that three months is the magic age. Boy, were they right! He is turning into a little person with such a wonderful personality!

So many changes have happened between two and three months. The biggest accomplishment is that he rolled from his stomach to his back... just once. And now he refuses to do it again.  Jason wasn't able to see it, so of course, when I tried to show him, Christian refused to perform. He also likes to be entertained when he is awake. Before now, we were able to snuggle on the couch during awake times. Now, he gets fussy if he has been fed and napped. It took me a few days to figure out what he needed, but as soon as he had a toy to play with, he was content for hours. Motherhood is all about troubleshooting. Do you want food? No. Do you want a nap? No. Here, maybe a toy will help? Yes! I live for tiny successes.

I found the baby channel. I have a hard time watching, but it is like crack to Christian. If it put it on, he stops whatever he is doing and just stares at it. I tried Disney Junior (at least those shows have somewhat of a plot) but he started fussing until I changed it back. It has lots of bright colors and shapes on it. Whatever they are doing, they know how to get my baby's attention!

The smiles for his bottle at month two have turned into big belly laughs and HUGE smiles when he sees mommy and daddy. He even smiles at the dogs, that have little to no interest in him now. My favorite smile from him is first thing in the morning. I go to get him from his crib and he gives me the biggest smile! It makes my entire day.

His sleeping pattern is amazing. I can't take any credit for it either, he did it all on his own. For a while, he wasn't going to bed at night until midnight, waking up at 4:30am for a feeding and then sleeping until 9ish. Now, he goes down between 9 and 10 and sleeps until 7 or 8. In the past three weeks he has only woken up for a late night feeding once. The first time he slept through the night I woke up in a panic around 6:30am. Thankfully, I just looked on our video monitor and was put at ease (I had to stare at it for a few seconds just to make sure he was breathing).

Here are a couple quick facts about my big three month old:

  • He weighs 14(ish) pounds. He is now seeing his doctor every other month, so we didn't have a check up this month. I had to weigh him myself. 
  • He is wearing some 3-6 month clothes, but most of them are 6 months.
  • If he is fussing in the car, all we have to do is turn on Darius Rucker and he is silent. At least he has good taste ;)
  • We are finishing up the last box of size 1 diapers that we got from my shower (such a blessing to have received so many as gifts. We didn't have to buy any for him) and ready for size 2 diapers. Size 1 diapers are a bit snug on his pot belly and thunder thighs.
  • He will lay on his activity mat for hours between feedings and naps. 
  • He eats 5-6 ounces of formula every 3-5 hours during the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment