Sunday, January 12, 2014

One Month Later

One month ago a tiny miracle came into our lives. Christian was born. I know I talk about him constantly now, but he really is my life. Everything I do revolves around him right now. It's the life of a newborn's mommy... Well, it's the life of a mommy in general. Here is a little update on the changes that have happened in the past month.


Sadly, I had to switch to formula due to not producing enough milk for him on my own. It seemed like overnight I went from enough to nothing. I wasn't even producing 4 oz in a 6 hour period. Needless to say, he was hungry all the time. He wasn't really gaining weight, so I made the emotional, but logical decision to switch to formula. It was the best thing I could have done for him. Since his 2 week appointment, he has gain 1 lb and 5 oz. He is now up to 8 lbs 8 oz. Growing everyday!

He is trying to lift his head on his own and succeeds for a few seconds before it flops down either into my waiting hand or shoulder. He loves tummy time, temporarily. He seems to be trying to crawl while on his tummy, but ends up in him moving his knees up and down.

He is now in size 1 diapers and has outgrown most of his newborn clothing. Mostly because of his length. He has gained 2 1/2 inches in length since he was born. Who knew he would be tall and skinny? ;)

My mom has been here since January 2nd to spend time with the 3 of us and help out with Christian. She has been such a lifesaver and has even taken baby duty a couple times at night. Just one more plus to Christian being on formula!




Jason went back to work on January 6th after having 24 days off to spend with us. It was hard having him go back, but definitely a blessing to have my mom here. I don't know what I am going to do when I am on my own starting on the 21st.

We had newborn pictures taken when he was 10 days old by Erin Davenport Photography and were blown away by how amazing they turned out! She did such an amazing job capturing exactly what we had in mind. We got some beautiful family photos that we will cherish forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment