Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!

I know a lot of people post about how they can't believe how quickly a year has gone by. For us, 2013 went by in the blink of an eye. It is definitely up there with 2011 as one of the best years of our lives. It started out with a lot of unknowns. We were not sure if and when we would get pregnant, but ended with the best Christmas gift we could ever imagine.



In January, we decided to buy a home. Within just a couple weeks we found the perfect home, made and offer and the owner accepted. We moved into our home in early March, then just a couple weeks later found out that we would soon be a family of three. On March 18th I peed on a stick and it changed our lives forever. Eight short months later we welcomed our son, Christian, into our lives and our hearts. 2014 will bring so many firsts in his little life and he will turn into a little person instead of the cute little poop machine he is now ;)


 In 2013 we celebrated two years of marriage and have been together for eight years. We have celebrated nine Christmases and nine New Years together. Jason is my best friend and the most amazing husband and father. 2014 will bring another PCS (Permanent Change of Station) for us to who knows where. But we are up for a change and can't wait to see where God wants to send us next. I definitely keep the phrase "bloom where you are planted" in mind when we move to a new place. We try to hit the ground running, and this next move won't be any different.



This year we traveled to California for two huge events. My dad turned 60 in July and it was so wonderful to meet my niece who was born in June, and spend some quality time with my family that we do not see often enough. We were also there in October to see my best friend, Alex, get married. She look fabulous walking down the aisle to marry the man of her dreams. I am so thankful to be a part of their special day!



In October, my mom and good friend, Laura, threw me a baby shower for our little man. My mom flew in from California, my boo, Valerie, flew in from Ohio on her way to California for her twin, Alex's, wedding and my friend, Michelle, flew in from Tennessee. I am so blessed to be loved by these lovely ladies! The shower was amazingly beautiful! They did an amazing job decorating and planning a great afternoon for me and Christian.




Overall, 2013 was a year to remember and I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us! Here are a few random pictures of events that made 2013 amazing :)

Snowboarding with the Hare's!

Alex's bridal shower with my bests.

Maternity shoot 12 days before Christian was born.




No comments:

Post a Comment