Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two Years (on fire again)

Two years ago today, I walked down the aisle and married the love of my life. Now, I am sitting in a home that we own, growing a tiny human inside me (still freaks me out a little.) A lot of people use the phrase "I never thought I would be here" but I thought by now we would already have a baby in our arms. But God definitely had different plans for us, and we couldn't be happier with them :)

For our anniversary, that we celebrated this past weekend, we went to Manitou Springs and ate at the Mona Lisa. Everyone told us it was just like the Melting Pot, but I thought it was so much better! Pretty pricey, but it was our anniversary.... and we had a coupon. For our anniversary, Jason got me a beautiful throw with some of the best pictures from our wedding on it. It's amazing! I didn't think he could ever top last years painting, but he did! I got him an espresso maker, which was for him, but I definitely use it. He has been telling me how much he wants one for months, plus it will cut back on the amount we spend at Starbucks ;) It made me feel good this past weekend, he was walking into the house about to get a coffee refill and said "best gift ever" YESSS! I did good, too.




Heading out to dinner!

Showing off the bump in an amazingly comfy
maternity dress!

Outside at our table. It was a gorgeous evening!

Love this guy :)

In baby news, I am officially done with my first trimester. Thank the Lord! I had a rough time at the beginning. With morning sickness, severe cramping, nausea, back pain, fatigue... you name it, I probably suffered with it. I just kept reminding myself it was worth it, and it was! I would (and probably will) go through it all again. Tomorrow I will be 14 weeks and the baby will be the size of a nectarine. We are beyond anxious to find out the gender, we are hoping to find out at my 16 week appointment, but it is looking like we will have to wait until the 20 week full anatomy ultrasound. I guess we can be patient. 

Last year I wrote a blog called One Year on Fire, where we celebrated our one year anniversary and the next day had to evacuate due to the Waldo Canyon Fire. Well, this year I could write one called Two Years on Fire (which after writing this, I kinda did). Most of you know that Colorado Springs had another huge wildfire that took the lives of two people and destroyed over 500 homes. But, it was so heartwarming seeing the community come together and support those who lost everything. The families who lost their homes last year in the fire, hosted a picnic for all the families who are in the exact same position this year. I am sure it would help ease the pain talking to someone who knows what you are going through and rose from the ashes. Not only does this community support the victims of the fire, they support our firefighters like nothing I have ever seen. The firefighters would do a shift change at a local high school, once the community found this out, there were hundreds of people with thank you signs at every shift change. Here are a couple photos I found from the Denver Post from the week of the fire.



Just part of the almost 15,000 acres that were destroyed. 


I love seeing this, this home was protected by firefighters.
They let the fire get as close as possible so it wouldn't catch again.










This summer/fall is going to be insanely busy for us. On Saturday Jason's parents are driving in from Washington to spend about 10 days with us. They will be here for the 4th of July. We are so excited to see them! Then 3 days after they head home, we fly to California for my dad's 60th birthday! August I head back to California for my best friend, Alex's, bridal shower!!! So excited she's getting married!! Then October I have my baby shower, then the next weekend it is back to California for Alex and Doug's wedding!! Then we are two months from having a little baby Gabrick. I have never been so excited for Christmas to get here ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy!

    I just finished checking out your blog and wanted to see if you might be interested in collaborating on something. If you'd like to discuss, just send me an email when you have a chance!

    -Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I am reaching out in regards to a question I have for you and the possibility of working together on something. Please email me when you get a chance! Thank you so much! trucillo(dot)mario(at)gmail(dot)com

    Mario

    ReplyDelete