Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Buy a Home? Check.

I have no excuses for my lack of blogging in the past five months, so I won't even try... I'll just jump right into this one.

These past few months have been a whirlwind. In January of this year we decided that we could afford to buy a house, and being the "no-nonsense" couple that we are, we found the house we wanted and put an offer on it on the 14th of January. Six not-so-short-feeling weeks later, we closed and moved into our very first home! I am in love with it and remind myself that I better be because we will be paying into it until I am 56 years old. Man, that's old ;) Just kidding, Mom. 

So, here are some pictures of the new love of my life...

Right after closing!  


So excited to be homeowners! 

Sunset from the backyard.

Our neighbor came out to greet us.


Carrying me into the house!


Living room.

Family Room.

Tracy approved Air Force area

Kitchen :)

"Dining" room

Our bedroom... and Misty in her tiny bed which is actually Lacy's

Our VERY pink guestroom. It was already painted pink, I didn't do it. But it worked perfectly with the guestroom bedding!

LOVE seeing this! :)

We still have a lot to do to the house, but the major stuff (kitchen, roof, carpet, tile floors, garage door, paint) were done in the past couple of years. The dogs have settled in quickly and have already found their favorite spots.



So, here is a quick recap on the happenings since October:

  • I turned 26 on October 23rd.

  • Ugly Sweater party for Christmas.



  • We went to California for Christmas with my family. We had family pictures taken while we were home, too!

  • New Years Eve with Dustin and Michelle in downtown Colorado Springs.

  • Snowboarding trip to Keystone in January - My first time on the slopes since 2010. I think I did pretty well.


  • Jason turned 28 on January 13th.
I have no pictures of this... I guess I don't love him enough to capture and moment that will never happen again ;)



I promise to blog more now! Seriously. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! Love to see your home and what you've done with it! So cool! New living room furniture!? Sweet! I like the "Tracy approved Air Force space" as well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pictures of the house, love the guest room

    ReplyDelete