Monday, May 21, 2012

Psalm 139

God is so good!! Jason and I were just talking about how long we are comfortable with waiting for a house on base in Colorado. We decided that by the middle of July, if we did not have a definitive answer we would start checking out rentals off base... Well, this evening we called the base housing office and she informed us that the two people ahead of us were placed in a house or did not respond to them within seven days to get a house. So, WE GOT A HOUSE!! It won't be ready for us to move into until June 28th or so, which works our perfectly since we are house/dog sitting for two weeks until the end of June! We were so stressed about not having a place of our own and God had this place already lined up for us.

Just this afternoon I was reading in Faith Deployed about how God knows every step we take before we are even born and there is no where that the military can send us that God is not with us. The girl that wrote this passage references back to Psalm 139. This chapter is so encouraging for this time in my life since there is so much unknown. Yeah, we know we are going to Colorado for two years, but then what? Don't get me wrong, I am really excited to be going to Colorado and I am not stressed about the future, but as long as we stay in the Air Force we are only going to see a few years into the future at a time. My favorite verse from this chapter is verse 16... "Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid our before a single day had passed." If that doesn't put my mind at peace, I don't know what will!

This passed weekend we went camping with the amazing Eckhardt's! We canoed into our campsite on Friday night and came back Saturday afternoon. It was an adventure and we had a lot of fun with them! The only downfall was the massive amounts of ticks we had at the campsite. Once we got home we found a total of about 21 ticks between us and the two dogs. Apparently they liked Lacy because she had about 17 on her alone. It was quite the experience, but looking back it was really funny! :) Not a camping trip we will ever forget.

Canoeing!

Love them :)




He loves me.


Misty did such a good job in the canoe. She wanted to
jump into the water the entire time, though.

Still haven't started packing yet. I feel like I have a ton of time, but the movers come in 10 days. Thankfully I don't have a house full that I have to pack, just a few things. I have time... I hope ;)

1 comment:

  1. I just love you :) Really glad the camping worked out this past weekend! We will not forget that experience either... nor could we possibly forget the Gabricks! We love you all so much (even Misty & Lacy have found their way into our hearts!) We are so grateful Father has blessed us to know you and walk beside you on this portion of your 'faith journey.' We will CONTINUE to pray for you guys, trusting that Father does know what's ahead and that He has your best interest in mind! Love you!

    ReplyDelete