Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Windy City

So many exciting things have gone on in our home these past few weeks. This past weekend we went to Chicago with the School of Journalism at IU. We had such a great time! We had been wanting to go up there for a while, so jumped at the chance when they asked us to go. I've heard that Chicago is a great city, but I had no idea how beautiful is was. The first morning we were there, Jason and I walked down Michigan Ave. to find some breakfast and were in awe at all the amazing skyscrapers and old buildings.







Later that day we took a tour of the Chicago Tribune. I thought I was going to be pretty bored, but it was actually really interesting. We got to sit in on the morning news meeting where they decide what will be in the next days paper. It's crazy how quickly everything comes together. We then met with a couple other people in specific departments about what to expect working for a paper. After we left the Tribune, we went to dinner at Giordano's Pizza. It was delicious! I am so glad we got some Chicago pizza while we were there. We met up with Jason's friend from Travis (who knew me as burrito girl when Jason and I first started dating). He is from Chicago, so he showed us around and gave us some cool history on a lot of the town. We went to the giant silver bean in the middle of Millennium Park then walked down near Lake Michigan. It was a beautiful night with the lights of the city behind us. 

Jason, Joel and Dalton at the Tribune



Weird...






This is where the filmed the car chase scene
in the Dark Knight :)

The day we left, we went to a Cubs game. Jason and I aren't huge sports fans, but it was great to be able to see a game at Wrigley Field. 



Old score board :)



Rode the subway for the first time :)



After the Cubs game we went to the Chicago Air Institute. Jason and I aren't huge art people, but it was great seeing some familiar original paintings from Monet and American Gothic. It is a gorgeous buildings full of so much history.


Monet

American Gothic 



On another note, I got a call yesterday from Dr. Couchman (the dentist I worked for for almost 4 years in Colorado) asking me if I want a job when we get to Colorado :) I am so excited to be working there again! It is one less stress to have in moving. 

Jason is working hard on his Capstone documentary. He finished a trailer for is this week because it is going to be shown in the IU Cinema for anyone to come view. I am so proud of him and really excited to see the finished documentary :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment