Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Recent Happenings at the Gabrick Home

Still no news on where we are going... We know less now then what we knew before. Our placement guy (that's his official name) told us that the list we were looking at was not accurate and that they don't have an accurate list up. So we are back to being able to go ANYWHERE in the world. I am still getting the dogs ready for a possible overseas trip, but it is so hard since every country (even Hawaii) have different laws on what they need done. I should be stressed, but I'm not. I know wherever we go we will be blessed!

Jason's mom came out to the Hoosier state for a quick visit this weekend. She arrived Thursday evening and headed to Arizona this morning to visit some of her family down there. We had such a great time with her! We went to Oliver Winery and then headed to Indianapolis yesterday for lunch and to see Lucas Oil Stadium since none of us had seen where the Super Bowl was this year. It was a wonderful weekend with family!

Jason showing his mom around IU





Last weekend I had a great girls night with some of the girls from our church small group, and when Jason came to pick me up he told me he found a dog outside near our house in 15 degree snowy night. We drove around for a while trying to find the owner and posted some stuff online about a found dog but didn't get anything. This puppy was the noisiest thing I have ever met! She cried all night and all day. We ended up taking her to the Bloomington Animal Shelter the next morning to find out that out that she had been adopted out of there not too long ago and the owner was out across the street neighbor. Jason took her over there and they had NO CLUE that she had even gotten out. They were still hung over from the night before :( The poor girl would have frozen if we hadn't picked her up when we did. Some people just shouldn't own animals...



Jason spoiled me on Valentine's Day. I came home from work and he had made steak, potatoes, rolls and strawberry shortcake. I had a dozen roses, the new twilight DVD, a "I love my hubby" shirt and a box of chocolates. He even printed a menu for the meal he made :) I'm so blessed to have a husband like him.

Dinner table set for Valentine's Day :)

I love him! I HAD to wear pink scrubs to work ;)

Dinner menu.

Shirt from my hunny!

I love cherries so Jason got these soaked in Moonshine...
Not so tasty.

My roses :)


Work is finally starting to slow down a bit for me. I worked my 109 hours in two weeks, got really sick, missed some work, and now they are planning on hiring some one else to ease the load a little. It will be nice to be able to see my hubby once in a while. I even got a day off in the middle of the week (today) because the Doctor is sick.

We saw The Vow and Red Tails as a "double feature Valentine's date" last weekend. The Vow was AMAZING! I loved every minute of it, Red Tails was less then wonderful. The story was good (could have been better) but the acting was horrible :( We were really sad because we had heard it was good. Jason kept apologizing to me for making me see it haha. He made it up to me by seeing The Vow.

I've done two crafts since my last blog. They were pretty small and easy, but I love them! The first one I did was made a jar for all of our memories in 2012. Anytime we have something we want to remember or write down how we felt about an event, we write it down on a piece of paper and put it into this jar :) The other craft I did was one that I have been thinking about for years. I gathered all of mine and Jason's letters to each other from the Prep School basic and USAFA BCT, put them in chronological order and into a binder. It was so fun to go through all the old letters and see how much we have grown and how much in love we still are today. It was a hard 5 years, but we knew from the beginning we were going to make it through. I also put our first conversation into the front of the binder. Since we started out relationship on Myspace, we have it all written down.




I always loved to draw Jason fun pictures :)


I'm going to end this long blog with something that God has shown me these past few weeks. I have been working a lot and Jason has had a pretty light schedule, so I would come home to a clean house and dinner during the week. It was definitely trying on both of us, but God has shown us what it will be like for the other one for the rest of our marriage. Jason will be working long hours and I will be home with kids and (hopefully) a clean house and dinner. It put things into perspective for us, and I hope we will grow from it and remember what it was like for the other person when that time comes :)

And finally... Misty in cowboy boots ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! So cute, so fun, and so adorable! You guys are the best! I love the Gabricks! :)

    ReplyDelete