Saturday, January 21, 2012

"The Lord himself goes before you..."

Well, the new year has started out very busy! I can't believe we are already over halfway through the month. Jason's birthday was the 13th, and we went to an Indiana University basketball game. They have won 5 NCAA championships and were doing really well this year, so we wanted to see a game since IU is known for basketball. It was a great experience, and quite different then attending USAFA football or basketball games. Probably because attendance is not mandatory at IU like it is at USAFA, so the people who go really want to see the game. Anyway, they played Minnesota who are an unranked team (IU was 6 or 7 at the time) and they lost. Oh well, we saw a game. Here are some pictures...


Had to wear "Crimson" :)




We have a list of 15(+/-) bases that we can possibly get stationed at after we leave here. They range from Germany and England to North Dakota, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Washington and Colorado. I know I am forgetting a lot, but even with this list there are so many possibilities. I feel like I should be stressed about it, but I am not. I got an amazing text from my friend, Bekah, the other day. I have been worried about going to Japan because of traveling with the dogs and not sure what to expect going to Asia for three years. When I told her they took Japan off the list this is what she said.

"That is such good news, I have been praying that God keeps you from there and that wherever you go there will be a community of believers. Just felt that God would give you a better understanding of His church as you move from place to place. That He would even care for you guys through His church"

We have only been here six months and I don't want to leave. I have grown so much in my walk with Jesus these past months. But God will bless us wherever we go as long as we keep our eyes on Him and not lose focus that He has a reason for wherever we will go. Even Japan. Not sure that is a possibility anymore (it was taken off the list) but I am at peace with going anywhere. 

I bought a book called "Faith Deployed... Again" it is the second book full of daily encouragement for Military wives. I have only read about 20 pages or so in it, but it is amazing! It is written as stories from a bunch of military wives in all the branches. It reminds me a little of the Chicken Soup books but they also have questions to ask yourself at the end and ideas on how to pray about changing what you are struggling with. One that hit home for me and my current situation of the unknown is called "The Reluctant Military Wife" and the verse is Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." The wife writing the story tells about how her husband was in the reserves and then went active duty after 9/11. She said no. But felt that God would not release the calling He had for her husband to go active duty. She was terrified, but God kept reminding her of Joshua 1:9.  Another verse she quoted in her short story was Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave of forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged." God will go before us to every base we will ever live at. Now if that's not comforting, I don't know what is! 

Jason stared his Spring semester last week and he told me it is going to be a pretty laid back semester. He still has to be putting out at least 1 story per shift at the WTIU news station, but he was already doing that last semester so it's not a huge change. After this semester he has one summer class he needs to take before we head out. We know it starts first thing in the summer, but we don't know when it ends... which is the important part. We will have to leave the day after he finishes school, so we are anxiously awaiting the end date of his program. I have been working my poor little life away. Three days a week I am gone for almost 12 hours and the other two I am gone for about 11hours. I only have to be working these long hours until February 20th when out third assistant comes back from maternity leave. More hours = closer to future baby Gabrick! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment